|Phase III||Treatment||Closed||18 and over||Pharmaceutical / Industry||5122|
This study is a randomized Phase 3, double-blind study of maintenance pemetrexed plus best supportive care versus placebo plus best supportive care in Non Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC). Patients must have received one of six induction regimens for 4 cycles and did not have progressive disease prior to randomization (enrollment) into this trial.
- Histologic or cytologic diagnosis of NSCLC Stage IIIB (with pleural effusion and/or positive supraclavicular lymph nodes) or Stage IV prior to induction therapy.
- Patients must have had one of the following induction therapies for treatment for Stage IIIB (with pleural effusion and/or positive supraclavicular lymph nodes) or IV NSCLC: Gemcitabine plus carboplatin, paclitaxel plus carboplatin, or docetaxel plus carboplatin, gemcitabine plus cisplatin, paclitaxel plus cisplatin or docetaxel plus cisplatin.
- Patients must have received only one chemotherapeutic doublet lasting precisely four cycles.
- Induction regimens must be based on 21-day cycles.
- Documented evidence of a tumor response of CR, PR or SD. Tumor assessment must occur between Cycle 4 (Day 1) of induction therapy and the date of randomization. This response does not have to be confirmed in order for the patient to be randomized. (Positron emission tomography (PET) scans and ultrasounds may not be used for lesion measurements for response determination.
- With the exception of those chemotherapies listed as inclusion criterion, patients will not be included if they have received prior systemic anticancer therapy (including adjuvant early-stage treatment for NSCLC) or any systemic treatment for any other cancer.
- Have received treatment within the last 30 days with a drug that has not received regulatory approval for any indication at the time of study entry.
- Inability to comply with protocol or study procedures.
- A serious concomitant systemic disorder that would compromise the patient's ability to complete the study.
- A serious cardiac condition, such as myocardial infarction within 6 months, angina, or heart disease, as defined by the New York Heart Association Class III or IV.
Trial Lead Organizations/Sponsors
Eli Lilly and Company
|Call 1-877-CTLILLY (1-877-285-4559) or 1-317-615-4559 Mon - Fri 9 AM - 5 PM Eastern time (UTC/GMT - 5 hours, EST)||Study Director|
Link to the current ClinicalTrials.gov record.
NLM Identifer NCT00102804
Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on November 20, 2012
Back to Top