Treatment Options for Recurrent Vulvar Cancer
- Wide local excision with or without radiation therapy to treat cancer that has come back in the same area.
- Radical vulvectomy and pelvic exenteration to treat cancer that has come back in the same area.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy with or without surgery.
- Radiation therapy followed by surgery or chemotherapy.
- Radiation therapy as palliative treatment to relieve symptoms and improve quality of life.
- A clinical trial of a new treatment.
Check for U.S. clinical trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials that are now accepting patients with recurrent vulvar cancer. For more specific results, refine the search by using other search features, such as the location of the trial, the type of treatment, or the name of the drug. General information about clinical trials is available from the NCI Web site.