Treatment Options for Recurrent Prostate Cancer
- Radiation therapy.
- Prostatectomy for patients initially treated with radiation therapy.
- Hormone therapy.
- Biologic therapy with sipuleucel-T for patients already treated with hormone therapy.
- Pain medicine, external radiation therapy, internal radiation therapy with radioisotopes such as strontium-89, or other treatments as palliative therapy to lessen bone pain.
- A clinical trial of ultrasound -guided cryosurgery.
- A clinical trial of new anticancer drugs.
Check for U.S. clinical trials from NCI's list of cancer clinical trials that are now accepting patients with recurrent prostate cancer. For more specific results, refine the search by using other search features, such as the location of the trial, the type of treatment, or the name of the drug. General information about clinical trials is available from the NCI Web site.